Fall Harvest Tour
Since 1975, Carrigan Farms has hosted school field trips every September and October. Popular with preschool through second graders, the “Fall Harvest Tours” focus on educating students about farm life, while exploring various topics, such as: pollination, photosynthesis, plant growth and life cycles, and the farmer as a community leader. During the month of September the tour includes apple picking and during the month of October the tour includes pumpkin picking. Please join us in an extension of classroom learning while spending some fun time on the farm.
Tour & Cost
The Fall Harvest Tour includes:
- Visit glass observation bee hives, see thousands of bees, and learn about the pollination process
- Learn about the importance of photosynthesis and plant growth
- Take the hayride to either the apple orchard, where each participant fills a bag with apples (approx 10 to 20 apples) to take home (September tours), or the pumpkin patch, where each participant picks a pumpkin to take home (October tours)
- Visit the animal petting station
- Enjoy fresh apple cider – All you can drink!
- Take home a coloring book with scenes from the farm, designed to help reinforce lessons learned on the farm
Cost: Tours are $10.00 per person, on Mondays – Fridays (all tour participants are required to pay) Advance reservation needed.
Carrigan Farms recognizes the importance of quality, integrated learning, and we are raising the bar on educational standards. Won’t you please join us?
The Fall Harvest tour lasts approximately one hour. We ask each group to arrive at least fifteen minutes prior to their scheduled tour time. Failure to arrive on time for your scheduled tour may cause your tour to be shortened or delayed until it can be accommodated.
This is an outdoor facility! Please check weather conditions and dress accordingly. If weather is questionable, please call Carrigan Farms for conditions and/or weather delays/cancellations. Please remember that sometimes it might be raining where you are but not at Carrigan Farms… or vice versa.
Reservations / Information
To schedule your fall harvest tour, please contact us.
Should you need to cancel your Fall Harvest Tour, we appreciate a two-week cancellation notice. Emergency cancellations or delays should be reported as soon as possible to (704) 664-1450. Failure to notify the farm of cancellations will result in a $30 “No Show” charge.