The Rock Quarry at Carrigan Farms is offering a new, exciting wedding opportunity for brides. A Flash Wedding is not a quickie wedding option; but rather an opportunity to take advantage of those gorgeous, warm days offered in the South during the months of February, March, November and possibly even December. Additionally, when our calendar has a opening coming up with short notice, you could even secure a prime date in the high season. The key is that the wedding is on short notice. Please be advised that we don’t schedule “Flash Weddings” more than one month in advance. (*Note: For weddings planned in advance, please visit the Weddings Page of our website.)
It is difficult to predict the weather, with any degree of certainty, more than three days in advance. This being the case, Carrigan Farms has the ability to fashion an elegant wedding with worry-free preparation, at an affordable cost, with three days or less notice. If you have the man, the dress and the desire to wed, give us a call. If we have the date available, we’ll schedule your Flash Wedding. Please be advised that we don’t schedule “Flash Weddings” more than one month in advance. (*Note: For weddings planned in advance, please visit the Weddings Page of our website.)
Beyond running to the Court House, there are not a lot of options for a cost-conscious, spontaneous bride. Eloping to Vegas, the beach or the mountains doesn’t offer much economic relief. Besides, do you really want Elvis officiating your “I do’s?” Getting your guests to a destination location can also be a challenge. The beauty of planning a Flash Wedding is two-fold: weather and cost.
We take care of all the details, when you plan your Flash Wedding at Carrigan Farms. From the minister, music, flowers, food, cake and more, we will handle all of the specifics of your wedding AND we’ll do it at an affordable rate! Carrigan Farms has been planning weddings for 20 years; your Big Day will receive the same special attention like all the rest.
When choosing a Flash Wedding, you will also eliminate the worry of weather. With such short-term planning, the flexibility of a Flash Wedding opens up a range of options for a wedding date. Unseasonably warm weather may permit a February, March or November outdoor wedding date. By choosing one of these months, you’ll find we can offer much more calendar options for you. Busy peak months (April-October) may only offer Monday-Thursday options and rarely will a weekend be available during these months. Most events will last from 10 AM – 3 PM for daytime and 5 PM – 11PM for evenings.
A Carrigan Farms Flash Wedding is the simple, reasonably priced and memorable solution. Planning is easy since we handle all but just a few of the details. The bride/groom will only be responsible for three small items:
1. Contact Carrigan Farms by phone or email to book a date and time for your Flash Wedding. We reserve our site on a first come, first serve basis.
2. You and yours will obtain an official North Carolina Marriage License in advance.
3. Send out a quick email to guests once a date/time is booked. You’ll bring the guests, we’ll do the rest!
WHAT’S THE COST?
Wedding Packages include Minister, Photographer, Flowers, Food and a breathtaking wedding venue.
We have two ministers on call to officiate your wedding.
We have two Photographers on-call. Our Photographer will shoot the wedding, for a total of three hours of photography, and provide a CD for you to take and print copies.
We will provide the groom boutonniere and bridal bouquet with colorful, fresh flowers.
The meal is served all-you-can-eat, buffet style and includes:
Grilled chicken breast served with rosemary cream sauce, new red potatoes with butter and parsley, fresh-picked, seasonable vegetable, side salad, non-alcoholic beverages and decorated wedding cupcakes, adorned in your wedding color(s).
You may bring in your own alcoholic beverages. We’ll provide ice and cups.
FLASH WEDDING PACKAGE PRICING 2017
25 or fewer guests fixed price = $2,900
50 or fewer guests fixed price = $3,900
75 or fewer guests fixed price = $5,200
100 or fewer guests fixed price = $6,500
The following items are NOT included in flash wedding pricing:
- DJ services– most guests opt to use their iphone and plug into our speaker system for music, but if you prefer a DJ, just ask us and we can furnish a DJ. DJ cost will be added to the flash wedding pricing.
- Floral services in excess of a bridal bouquet and groom boutonniere. If you need additional floral services, just ask us and we can furnish them. Additional floral services will be added to the flash wedding pricing.
- Wedding cake– The flash wedding includes cupcakes for all guests, but not a wedding cake. If you would like to have a wedding cake, please just ask and we can furnish one. Cost of a wedding cake will be added to the flash wedding pricing.
- Menu alterations– We are happy to make menu changes, just please be aware that they will change the pricing.
- Real linens, real dishes, real glassware– The flash wedding includes disposable table covers, cutlery, cups, etc. We can furnish real items, but they will increase the cost of the flash wedding.
- Waterfall — The waterfall is not included in the flash wedding pricing but can be added for an additional cost, please just ask.
- Lighting upgrade — The colored LED lighting package is not included in the flash wedding pricing but can be added, please just ask.
The Flash Wedding option is geared for that fun, spontaneous bride who doesn’t have her heart set on a specific day, time or date. Flash Wedding dates are based on our availability and may only be booked up to one-month in advance. Menu packages and pricing are unique, as they reflect a cost-saving deal based on the short-term booking nature of a Flash Wedding. This pricing is not available for our traditional, pre-booked weddings.
If you have your own minister, photographer, or DJ OR you prefer a steak dinner instead of chicken, let us know. We can adjust the package price up or down, depending on your needs.
Or, if you only want a beautiful location to get married (with no food, flowers, DJ, minister, or photographer options), we can do that too! Email or call us to plan your Flash Wedding.
HOW TO OBTAIN A MARRIAGE LICENSE
The Bride and Groom must personally appear and apply for a license. A license can be issued in any county at the Register of Deeds office. The marriage can take place anywhere within the state, but the license must be returned to the county where issued. The license is valid for 60 days. There is no waiting period. The license is issued upon request. No physical is required. Government ID such as a driver’s license, state issued ID, Passport, or Military ID must be presented along with the social security card. There is a fee of approximately $60.00 for the license. An ordained minister, rabbi, magistrate or ship captain may perform the ceremony.
When planning your Flash Wedding at Carrigan Farms, no need to worry about an ordained minister. We have two ministers on-call to perform the service. The minister will complete the license. You only need to obtain and return the copy to the respective Register of Deeds. A pre-application for marriage license can be completed online at the Iredell County Register of Deeds Office.
Applicants can then appear in person at either:
Register of Deeds, Mooresville Office
610 East Center Avenue
Mooresville, NC 28115
Office Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:00am-5:00pm
Register of Deeds, Statesville Office
Hall of Justice Annex
201 East Water Street
Statesville, NC 28677
Phone: (704) 872-7468
Fax: (704) 878-5426
Office Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:00am-5:00pm